I’ve been on the lookout for a good cleansing/exfoliating brush for ages. There’s been so much discussion online, especially on Youtube and Blogs about the range of cleansing brushes out there and I’ve noticed every week a different brand is introducing their own version of the brush. Our beauty editor did a review on the Clarisonic Mia last year – read about it here! There has recently been a lot of discussion over the N07 Cleansing brush and when I saw the kit on a 3 for 2 offer, I decided to test it out with my colleague!
I have been fortunate in having relatively good skin with the odd and occasional breakout, but nothing too bad. I had laser on my face last year to give it a more even tone and whilst I am happy with the treatment, I noticed the pores on my cheeks were more open as a result and my general routine of cleansing, toning and exfoliating wasn’t doing much.
On first impressions it looks straightforward- you use the gel cleanser that comes in the box (or any gel cleanser for that matter) – wash your face with water and apply the cleanser liberally. The brush has two settings, the first is mild and second is intense. I usually use the mild on weekdays and do a deep cleanse with the second setting on weekends.
You only need to use it for 60-90 seconds and you can see on the brush the amount of dirt it removes, as well as makeup. I’ve been using this for two weeks now and previously contemplated getting the Mia, however there is an incredible price difference between both. I can honestly see the difference in my pores, they have significantly reduced and apart from the first couple of days when I had an outbreak on my chin (possibly due to switching cleansers), I don’t think I can envisage exfoliating without this. I’ve summarised a few of the points below.
- It exfoliates all the hard to reach places, especially near the nose and eyes.
- It’s very easy to use
- You can detach the head and clean it, but if you wear makeup it tends to stain the brush.
- Makes your skin feel softer (don’t use if you have sensitive skin)
- When you begin to exfoliate, the brush does spit a bit and it can be a bit messy but after a while you know how to manage it.
- Would be a good idea for the brush to come with a cleaner (you can replace the head with spare ones available from Boots.
- Its slightly noisy.
- You have to make sure your hair is tied back completely otherwise the brush will catch onto the hair. (Speaking from experience!)
- A smaller size would be great for travelling or a travelling case to accompany it
Have you used an cleansing brush? What are your thoughts? Do comment!
The No7 cleansing brush is currently on offer for the same price as the brush alone with an additional cleanser and night cream as part of their Christmas gift boxes – see here. Vouchercloud often have fantastic money off deals for items from Boots, click here to check out what offers they currently have that might help you grab a bargain!
*This is not a sponsored post and these comments are mine alone
Samia is a co-founder and development director of Hijablicious. She will be regularly posting her outfits and sharing her love for fashion.View all Samia posts.